Sometimes we are mistaken for developers or construction contractors, but we are neither. We are consultants, and our mission is to add value to the organizations and communities we work for. We achieve our mission by first understanding our Clients’ needs, and then by drawing on our broad experience in successful project development, construction and operations.
Often our Clients ask us to build and lead multidisciplinary project teams. Although we procure project services, materials and equipment on behalf of our Clients, we do not apply any mark-up to these costs.
Why we are different
Engineering and consulting firms typically concentrate on one or two aspects of renewable energy development or community energy systems. We build and lead project teams with the expertise needed for each stage of development. We are one company that can deliver your entire project.
Why work with us?
We have provided strategic planning, and technical and management services to support the development of more than 60 renewable energy projects.
Supporting communities to thrive in their own capacity by contributing to climate action through innovative sustainable development.
We provide the technical capacity required for developing community owned sustainable energy and infrastructure projects inspired by passionate solutions which transform ideas into operation.
Barkley Project Group acknowledges the historic and continued implications of colonial actions on Indigenous Peoples and their traditional lands and territories. We are committed to working alongside Indigenous communities and undertaking our responsibility in implementing TRC Call to Action #92 into our corporate policy and core operational activities. We are grateful to live and work on the unceded territory of the Coast Salish Peoples, including the Snuneymuxw and Snaw-naw-as First Nations.
We commit to taking action towards reconciliation by:
- ensuring that Indigenous peoples have equitable access to jobs, training, and education opportunities at BPG;
- supporting ongoing education and training of owners and staff in the history and culture of Indigenous peoples in Canada;
- ensuring that non-Indigenous clients undertake proper and respectful consultation with First Nations in the course of project development;
- working to optimize First Nations’ project training and employment opportunities, and to develop human resources capacity for First Nations communities; and,
- respectfully engaging with non-Indigenous Canadians to encourage them to learn about, and participate in, reconciliation.