We are committed to working alongside Indigenous communities and undertaking our responsibility in implementing Truth and Reconciliation Commission’s Call to Action #92 into our corporate policy and core operational activities.
As a project management firm that works primarily with Indigenous communities, we acknowledge that playing an active role in reconciliation as both an organization and as individuals, is our shared responsibility. In 2019, the organization formed an Indigenous Policy Committee that informed Barkley Project Group’s Reconciliation Action Plan.
The Reconciliation Action Plan includes annual goals that address the organization’s commitment to Call to Action #92. We are committed to:
- Ensuring that Indigenous peoples have equitable access to jobs, training, and education opportunities at Barkley Project Group;
- Supporting ongoing education and training of owners and staff in the history and culture of Indigenous peoples in Canada and the ongoing impact of colonization;
- Ensuring proper and respectful consultation with First Nations in the course of project development;
- Working to optimize First Nations’ project training and employment opportunities, and to develop human resource capacity for First Nations communities; and,
- Supporting employees to continue to learn about and participate in reconciliation in their personal lives outside of the workplace.
Barkley Project Group is honoured to have our headquarters located in Nanaimo, British Columbia on the unceded traditional territory of the Snuneymuxw First Nation and Snaw-naw-as First Nation.